Sunday, April 25, 2010

News


Please forgive me that I have not published any new post lately...I have been very busy.
I had a wonderful wine dinner with the representative of Bodegas Heredad-Ugarte (and Bodgegas Mercedes-Eguren) on April 8th, 2008 at the wonderful Skyline Club - 36th Floor at the America One Building Downtown Indianapols.Chef Scott Reifenberger created a fantastic menu that we matched with corresponding wines. the next day we were poring all the Bodegas Heredad-Ugarte wines and the Mercedes-Eguren wines at the new Crown Wine & Spirits store in downtown Indianapolis after being invited there by Michael and Jennifer Sprinkle. One week later the Wine Spectator rated our Mercedes-Eguren Cabernet Sauvignon from Spain with 89 points - this wine is mostly available for under $ 10.00.
The following week Crown Wine & Spirits hosted their first annual Spring Tasting. I presented 7 wines at the tasting which were all very well received.

Today I will be in Bloomington at the Limestone Grill were Chef Tad and his wife Linda are hosting an incredible Burgundian Wine Dinner. Time allowing I may write about this wine dinner later this week.

On Tuesday I will be in Chicago attending the Wines of Chile Grand Tasting where more than 50 wineries from Chile present their wines. Good timing.....I am meeting with representatives of wineries that I will visit during my next trip to South America from May 3rd through May 18th.
My wife Patty is presenting at the WFOT conference in Santiago while I visit vineyards. We will also be in Mendoza - and this time visit Cuvelier los Andes at Clos des Siete -, Buenos Aires, and if time allows Montevideo/Uruguay.

In the meantime I have also been writing a wine column "UnCork'd" for a magazine "Glow" in Ft. Wayne. The first article was already published and was titled "My relationship with wine", the second article should be published right now and was about wines for Mother's Day.

Well, chin...chin......

No comments:

Post a Comment